Types of hosting services
A hosting service is related to depositing and/or sharing certain content on a web hosting server managed by a website hosting vendor. There are different varieties of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's examine these. Thus, you can choose what you need, depending on whether you'd like to build a web portal, email box accounts, or to share files with chums and associates.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by particular hosts, which enables you to share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts are frequently supported by showing advertisements next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a given span of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely twisted interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would distribute the load between independent bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving different hosting services (email, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a variety of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain companies provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting variant is good if you would like to share a large amount of images with comrades or colleagues since the solution is usually free. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to taking care of your electronic mail accounts. Some corporations provide web page hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an email solution. If you want to run a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can set up e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file generates a given amount of CPU load, so with a few video files and several hundred website visitors, you may have difficulty with your site hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will allow you to utilize as many videos as you want without bothering about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to keep a website. To a certain degree, it embodies all of the aforementioned hosting categories since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and mailbox accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Angry Dog Hosting Company, for instance, you can see web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that permit you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one location. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are devised for particular web content solely.